Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A few highlights from today:

Whew, it was a busy day. We did 42 Maternal Health Surveys in Quiroga and then went to 3 hours of Mass!
Ok, seeing as I am not Catholic, perhaps this should be explained further. Veronica, one of the outreach workers, invited us to come to mass with her. It was a combination of what I imagine a normal Catholic mass being and a modern service (with dancing and an electric keyboard). Veronica was one of the women who led the dances and she read a few bible versus and prayers. The dances were fun... but, the two homilies and readings in Spanish and Latin were a little dry. I guess I have been spoiled with my one hour Presbyterian services and didn't realize that Mass was going to be >3 hours. We made a break for it at the three hour mark when communion started....

Also, MARK IS COMING TOMORROW! I am sooo excited. It also means I may not post for a while, pero quien sabes?

1 comment:

  1. A three hour+ mass will help make up for the 2-3 times you've missed church!

    ReplyDelete