Saturday, June 20, 2009

Don't mess with Texas!

Well, I am almost to Mexico! After surviving the crazy midwest weather yesterday, I have a four hour layover in Houston, so I decided to check my email and update everyone. I am currently at the lovely George Bush International Airport. There is a fantastic statue of our good friend George in my terminal- he looks a little windblown but classy. There are also lots of people in cowboy boots and hats (even with shorts- que estrano). I am tempted to buy a "Don't Mess with Texas" T-shirt because they are being sold at every quiosk and this is probably the closest to Texas I am ever going to be(if I can help it) but I can't bring myself to buy one because honestly, where would I wear it? To sosc class? The Texas club meetings?
The airport itself is pretty large and I had to take a train in the 93 degree texas heat to switch terminals, but there are lots of duty free, swatch stores, and starbucks to explore. Hasta luego.

1 comment:

  1. i was unaware georgie poo had an airport named after him. i like your description of his statue :)

    ReplyDelete